Naruto: Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto: Next Generation

Unleash Your Inner Ninja ! ©2013 Naruto: Next Generation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Difficulty scaling and shiz

Go down 
+2
Gamble
Envy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Envy

Envy

Difficulty scaling and shiz Empty
PostSubject: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 am

Text wall incoming!

First of all, I know I'm playing a Fan and they're pretty damn awful early game it seems, but even so I'm running into more issues than I should be (and haha no, it's not because I'm just inherently awful at this).

I'm gonna go into a bunch of issues I have with the game as it stands, perhaps the less obvious ones. I also don't know if Berlin % co. are already doing anything to remedy this, but I'm gonna throw it out there regardless.

First thing. Mission efficiency. D Ranks are far more efficient exp/time-wise than C-Ranks, or even B-Ranks, it would seem. 100~150 average exp per mission, a mission I can do in a minute tops, when the C-Ranks give little more exp and take far longer, doesn't seem balanced to me.
What I'm suggesting here is that the missions are better designed exp/time wise - that higher ranked missions give far better rewards exp-wise than their lower tier counterparts.

Second thing is mission difficulty, and although this could just be due to my build or whatever, I'm including it as newer players will almost definitely run into this issue too. Without our previous stats, you seem to require a certain amount of strength/ninjutsu/taijutsu/etc to actually be able to deal damage effectively, which increases the difficulty in killing even the weaker NPCs infinitely harder at the lower levels.
I know that on this point I could be wrong, seeing as from what I've heard Fans aren't the best clan out there right now.

Final major point I'm making here, which ties to my previous point, is that I do think the NPCs in villages are... I'm not sure of the words to use so let's go with "placed wrong". Earlier on I attempted the B-Rank Sabotage in Leaf, and from what I've seen in Sand as well, ANBU-rank NPCs are stationed nearby the mission boards, which makes this mission incredibly difficult unless you can kill them, which it appears will be difficult before your first rebirth, at least.

I might be able to make better points when I've had more experience with 2.0.

Minor bugs;
- Combat Helmet screws over entire character display, it shoves the character model (without hair) in front of the rest of the items equipped while moving, and shortly after moving. Returns to normal after you pause for a few moments.

- Black Cloth Mask, another aesthetic bug. Can't remember the details of this, and I can't check because the game is down.

- Air Bullet will pass through the target if the target is on the tile in front of you, although I only noticed this when fighting a boar, and I haven't had the chance to check it against players or NPCs.[b]
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 am

Quote :
First of all, I know I'm playing a Fan and they're pretty damn awful early game it seems, but even so I'm running into more issues than I should be (and haha no, it's not because I'm just inherently awful at this).

I'm gonna go into a bunch of issues I have with the game as it stands, perhaps the less obvious ones. I also don't know if Berlin % co. are already doing anything to remedy this, but I'm gonna throw it out there regardless.

Fans to me are OP'ed but maybe it's just me since I can use them better than any other clan.

Quote :
First thing. Mission efficiency. D Ranks are far more efficient exp/time-wise than C-Ranks, or even B-Ranks, it would seem. 100~150 average exp per mission, a mission I can do in a minute tops, when the C-Ranks give little more exp and take far longer, doesn't seem balanced to me.
What I'm suggesting here is that the missions are better designed exp/time wi-

STOP RIGHT THERE! Then maybe you should just do other missions that you think is best for you exp/time wise...

Quote :
Second thing is mission difficulty, and although this could just be due to my build or whatever, I'm including it as newer players will almost definitely run into this issue too. Without our previous stats, you seem to require a certain amount of strength/ninjutsu/taijutsu/etc to actually be able to deal damage effectively, which increases the difficulty in killing even the weaker NPCs infinitely harder at the lower levels.

Blood Pills are a Shinobi's best friend, run, rest, rinse and repeat.

Quote :
Final major point I'm making here, which ties to my previous point, is that I do think the NPCs in villages are... I'm not sure of the words to use so let's go with "placed wrong". Earlier on I attempted the B-Rank Sabotage in Leaf, and from what I've seen in Sand as well, ANBU-rank NPCs are stationed nearby the mission boards, which makes this mission incredibly diffic--

Warning! Warning!! You have a jutsu called Henge... use it.

Quote :
I might be able to make better points when I've had more experience with 2.0.

Lol when you become more experienced you become with the game you won't be posting these things is what you mean.

This is not a "Ohmeegerd-he-bashing-me" post but what you're saying is you need things to be easy and the point of the game is to be difficult and to be able to think before you act. Keyword of the day: Shinobi

Last edited by Gamble on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 am

I'd reply to that but I know from experience it's useless arguing with an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 am

Lol you are the only person having these problems it's not hard to want to post something like this. You brought this on yourself.

What you want to do is walk into a village and be able to just simply walk up to a mission board and Sabo lol. The point of ANBU is to watch over the village period. Lol "stationed in the wrong place" should they all be in bed or something?

Last edited by Gamble on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

Right, I do remember saying something like "Please, feel free to come and openly attack everything I say"... Oh wait, I didn't, did I?

Like I said, you're being a jackass for the sake of being a jackass.
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:10 am

If this is an attack then you're in the wrong place because i don't remember calling you dumb, stupid, useless, or anything in that cateogory.
I'm simply stating facts sir.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:15 am

Nice edit, cleaning up the passive aggressiveness.

I wasn't saying I wanted things easy, I didn't at any point in that said I wanted things easy.

The main point of the post was point #1, the others were added on as I saw fit.
I want things to scale, like they should in any polished game, not have a sudden "tipping point", which is currently what happens.

By "more experience" I meant with other clans, to see if they face the same difficulties that Fans do low level.

I don't think they're a bad clan by any means, but they're pretty awful low level. (Later, of course, I can see them being really good).
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am

My edits were add ons, I say what i mean I don't sugar-coat anything.

All clans face the same problems at low lvl, you need a certain amount of stats to do anything I mean like i said things are not ment to be easy, that's why you have to put in work. Like women.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 am

Lmao, I fully appreciate putting the work in and know what you're saying, I just think the scaling is a little off, like it takes too much effort in comparison to how hard it should be.
I could be wrong, but still.

Example; Chunins are supposed to be able to do B Ranks relatively easily, right? And assuming people get Chunin by around level 30 and can kill a Chunin NPC 1v1... This is fine.
But throw in the ANBU NPCs into the mix, it suddenly makes a B Rank stupidly hard for its supposed difficulty.

This wouldn't be an issue if it didn't feel like a drag getting the levels that allow you to do the better missions, without feeling that spamming D Ranks would be a more efficient use of your time when it comes to leveling.

I know it's always been a drag to get the levels, and that we pretty much always stuck to D Ranks to get our levels, or spent hours grinding for them. But with the new training/exp system I felt it should feel smoother.

I did have newbies in mind when I was making the original post, though, as if a game feels too hard initially it may put you off playing full stop.
Back to top Go down
Zanos

Zanos

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:42 am

Gamble wrote:

All clans face the same problems at low lvl, you need a certain amount of stats to do anything I mean like i said things are not ment to be easy, that's why you have to put in work. Like women.
Oh man, you just don't stop. Nice misogynism thrown in there. I'll take this opportunity to remind you that we do actually have several female players.

You mean it might be a legitimate issue that D ranks, the worst missions, give better exp over time then C ranks?
You mean it might be a legitimate issue that one clan has a significantly weaker lower level than other clans?
You mean Henge doesn't work on npcs?
You mean a low level player can't afford a stack of blood pills...because they can't do missions they need for the money to get blood pills?

If I was a forum moderator I think I would ban you for just walking into suggestion threads and intentionally starting shit. Your passive aggressive "Better than everyone else" attitude is really starting to piss me off bro.
Back to top Go down
TeenGogeta

TeenGogeta

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:03 am

You have to change into another clan Envy, fan is the worst clan right now, and by the worst I mean the weakest. You can barely kill a boar at level 30 and most clans can do it at level 5-10. Then you just need golden age and a good spot for the mission, if you are in leaf, have Sharingan, int, golden age, and some other training % then doing the boar mission takes 10-60 seconds and you can get 500-900 exp, this topic could as well be a suggestion to buff the fan clan. It's the lack of your experience that's correct, once you get past that fan clan barrier, you will feel that it's very easy to even do A ranks.

EDIT :

Quote :
Warning! Warning!! You have a jutsu called Henge... use it.

Using henge into an NPC or dead player will still make other NPC's fight you, the only way to do it is to get a normal player which is hard at low levels since you have to actually enter the village and find them, sometimes there are no players in a village due to missions or other stuff, the real answer for this is to get stronger, just saiyan.

Last edited by TeenGogeta on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 am

TeenGogeta wrote:
You have to change into another clan Envy, fan is the worst clan right now, and by the worst I mean the weakest. You can barely kill a boar at level 30 and most clans can do it at level 5-10. Then you just need golden age and a good spot for the mission, if you are in leaf, have Sharingan, int, golden age, and some other training % then doing the boar mission takes 10-60 seconds and you can get 500-900 exp, this topic could as well be a suggestion to buff the fan clan. It's the lack of your experience that's correct, once you get past that fan clan barrier, you will feel that it's very easy to even do A ranks.

I'm not whining that Fans need a buff, which they quite possibly do, even though I think they have the potential to be insanely good with the right build at level 120.
I don't have much experience with 2.0, or the clans, although I do have a lot of experience with NNG in general, so I don't have all the information I'd like to make a better judgement on whether they need a buff or not.

Regardless, this post wasn't geared towards the clan itself, but low-level play in general. If other clans have even a fraction of the hassle Fans get, there's a problem with early play.

I'll be able to comment more on the buff/nerf thing after I rebirth.
Back to top Go down
Violence

Violence

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 am

Main problem is the leaf npcs, they have fire and fuumas which kill any low level player.

off screening isn't a option as npc instantly regen when they go offscreen.
stopping the multiple attempt scheme i think npcs should be looked at.

Edit= if no players are going outside the village henging isn't possible if there are no villagers online, or they're all afk no henge possible also ruining the village flak jacket mission.
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:16 am

Zanos wrote:
Gamble wrote:

Oh man, you just don't stop. Nice misogynism thrown in there. I'll take this opportunity to remind you that we do actually have several female players.

You mean it might be a legitimate issue that D ranks, the worst missions, give better exp over time then C ranks?
You mean it might be a legitimate issue that one clan has a significantly weaker lower level than other clans?
You mean a low level player can't afford a stack of blood pills...because they can't do missions they need for the money to get blood pills?

If I was a forum moderator I think I would ban you for just walking into suggestion threads and intentionally starting shit. Your passive aggressive "Better than everyone else" attitude is really starting to piss me off bro.

Edit: If I thought I was better than everyone else I would be like TeenGogeta and be capped at lvl 100 by last week and screaming "IM THE BEST IN THE WORLD!" like CM Punk. But such claims have never been spoken through my mouth since the day I was born and they never will because being the best is not my persona.

Lol better than everyone else? Who said I was? Yes I do have an asshole persona but who doesn't? I wasn't starting anything seeing as Envy finally gets it.

You can't henge npcs but you can henge players, if there isn't any people on to henge you simply cancel your mission and do something else. Blood pills are easily stacked doing herb missions. Derp. D rank missions are always better than C exp/time wise seeing as ummm... they're all in the village. As clans go All you need is a specific amount of stats.

Lol seriously i've never been a nice person so I don't expect anyone to understand why I act the way I act, it's not being better than someone else it's just the way things are and where i grew up. Take that in your factor because like i mentioned to Envy I didn't come here to bash anyone.

Last edited by Gamble on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Violence

Violence

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:26 am

Only ever consider C ranks for inf, or if you have high speed.

Boar,Herb, are the best C rank missions.

other ones are easily done with high speed.
Back to top Go down
Zanos

Zanos

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Gamble wrote:
Zanos wrote:
Gamble wrote:

Edit: If I thought I was better than everyone else I would be like TeenGogeta and be capped at lvl 100 by last week and screaming "IM THE BEST IN THE WORLD!" like CM Punk. But such claims have never been spoken through my mouth since the day I was born and they never will because being the best is not my persona.

Lol better than everyone else? Who said I was? Yes I do have an asshole persona but who doesn't? I wasn't starting anything seeing as Envy finally gets it.

You can't henge npcs but you can henge players, if there isn't any people on to henge you simply cancel your mission and do something else. Blood pills are easily stacked doing herb missions. Derp. D rank missions are always better than C exp/time wise seeing as ummm... they're all in the village. As clans go All you need is a specific amount of stats.

Lol seriously i've never been a nice person so I don't expect anyone to understand why I act the way I act, it's not being better than someone else it's just the way things are and where i grew up. Take that in your factor because like i mentioned to Envy I didn't come here to bash anyone.
Then pretend to be polite on the forums, and stop being condescending. Using words like "derp" when referring to what other people said is considered condescending. Derp.

Back on topic, I think boar gives pretty good exp/time.
Back to top Go down
Violence

Violence

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm

That's what i said....
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:04 am

Zanos wrote:
Gamble wrote:
Zanos wrote:
Gamble wrote:

Then pretend to be polite on the forums, and stop being condescending. Using words like "derp" when referring to what other people said is considered condescending. Derp.

Yea boars give good exp and they spawn quick. Is that good enough for you Zanos? >_>
Back to top Go down
Lord King

Lord King

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 am

Zanos wrote:

No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty scaling and shiz   Difficulty scaling and shiz I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Difficulty scaling and shiz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto: Next Generation :: NNG :: Suggestions-
Jump to: