Naruto: Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto: Next Generation

Unleash Your Inner Ninja ! ©2013 Naruto: Next Generation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big NNG tournament next wipe?

Go down 
+8
lrusai
KomuruZukitaki
Musab
Chidori
Yomi Snow
Makenshi
Yosmite
Satoshi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Satoshi

Satoshi

Big NNG tournament next wipe? Empty
PostSubject: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Would anyone join if next wipe I hosted a big tournament that lasted several days and enabled players to get their matches done whenever they ran into their assigned opponent? Matches would be best 3/5 games (a game meaning 1 fight). In other words, the first person to get to 3 wins is victorious. Players would be able to use any clan/character of their choice for any match, but would only be able to switch to a different clan/character after a game loss.

People would get their matches done whenever they ran into their assigned opponent. This would nullify time constraint issues. I think I would allow 3 days or maybe even more for each round to finish.

The winner would send an email to me reporting the score and result of their match. I would use this info to manage the tournament bracket. I would provide video of shuffling the contestants and creating the bracket (randomly) so that there would be no bias, and the active bracket would be open to public view.

I’m thinking the tournament would be Double Elimination because that’s the format used for pro fighting game tournaments. There would be prizes. Please let me know what you think, what you would change, and ask questions.

Last edited by Satoshi on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yosmite

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm

SOUNDS GREAT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Makenshi

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Satoshi wrote:
Would anyone join if next wipe I hosted a big tournament that lasted several days and enabled players to get their matches done whenever they ran into their assigned opponent? Matches would be best 3/5 games (a game meaning 1 fight). In other words, the first person to get to 3 wins is victorious. Players would be able to use any clan/character of their choice for any match, but would only be able to switch to a different clan/character after a game loss.

People would get their matches done whenever they ran into their assigned opponent. This would nullify time constraint issues. I think I would allow 3 days or maybe even more for each round to finish.

The winner would send an email to me reporting the score and result of their match. I would use this info to manage the tournament bracket. I would provide video of shuffling the contestants and creating the bracket (randomly) so that there would be no bias, and the active bracket would be open to public view.

I’m thinking the tournament would be Double Elimination because that’s the format used for pro fighting game tournaments. There would be prizes. Please let me know what you think, what you would change, and ask questions.

I'm game
Back to top Go down
Yomi Snow

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm too bad to participate in this. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Chidori
Admin
Chidori

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 7:01 pm

I'll be on holidays soon, so probably not. Thought that depends on how long it's going to take for the next wipe, and if i'll have the time to cap again. Nice initiative though. =)
Back to top Go down
Musab

Musab

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 5:32 am

Why not just declare me the winner now
Back to top Go down
KomuruZukitaki

KomuruZukitaki

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Musab wrote:
Why not just declare me the winner now

Maybe because I'm joining...
Back to top Go down
lrusai

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:31 am

nah cause I'm joining
Back to top Go down
Kamaitachi Demulidor

Kamaitachi Demulidor

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:38 pm

I could install and cap really fast for the tourny, you know lol! . Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Youko Kurama

Youko Kurama

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 1:15 pm

While I do think this is a good idea, for organization purposes I just think it should either be done all in one day or one weekend.
Back to top Go down
Tetsu, Desert Haze

Tetsu, Desert Haze

PostSubject: bruh   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 11:45 pm

im definetly winning this...
Back to top Go down
Tetsu, Desert Haze

Tetsu, Desert Haze

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Kamaitachi Demulidor wrote:
I could install and cap really fast for the tourny, you know lol!  . Twisted Evil
ye man you should
Back to top Go down
Orthoc

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:15 am

Definitely up for this. It sounds like this could take a very long time to conclude, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big NNG tournament next wipe?   Big NNG tournament next wipe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big NNG tournament next wipe?
Page 1 of 1