Naruto: Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto: Next Generation

Unleash Your Inner Ninja ! ©2013 Naruto: Next Generation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread

Go down 
+7
Chidori
EthemP
Muaga
kyle2120
Ohadx
Musab
lRoderick
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lRoderick

Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread Empty
PostSubject: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Before I say anything, I would like to thank Dante for putting on the big boy pants and through the spam and ooc annoyances as well as his own irl problems, he has used some time to perfect NNG. Without him the game would be as it was about a year ago, which was what it was a year before that. So on behalf of the NNG community Dante, Thank you for your dedication and implementation to the game via Berlin's hiatus.

With that said, I hate that the direction of the game is ignoring the balance being the game is in Beta. Sure, some needed nerfs have been done, and I thank you for that Dante. Nonetheless the balance of the clans has not been touched appropriately. As touching -numbers- is not balance. It's lazyness and a bandage on a gash. The game's current problem is mechanics and how easy it is to do these mechanics. Inwhich below I will exsplain in the most unbiased way I possibley can. And to spite some possible Bias, I'll start with Uchiha.

Uchiha:
sand:
hyuuga:

Medic:

kaguya:

Yuki:

snake:

clay:
wind:

Tai spec:

copy:
Senju:

Iron:

In retrospect.

Isn't it funny the game has progressed so much that we actuall can complain / spiel revamps for clans now? If you get anything from this Dante, understand your contribution has meant alot and implemented alot in terms of where NNG was.

Last edited by lRoderick on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Musab

Musab

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 3:13 am

Die.
Back to top Go down
Ohadx

Ohadx

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 1:40 pm

Sand doesn't really take a lot of skill because of their Doom passive...they could get a buff if that passive was removed I guess.
Back to top Go down
kyle2120

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:44 am

Kaguya: To much damage while being to tank as well as they do IMO.

Snake: The problem with snake is simply their edo does to much dmg. Can't really nerf/buff anything else until that's sorted out.

Yuki: Yuki does a fuck ton of dmg. It's not as easy to kill a Yuki as people think. Yukis can always goes into their mist and start healing up (which they do a lot).

Sand: I can kill pretty much everyone with my sand so any further buffs are probably going to get it nerfed. Then again, you do have a point that Sand Coffin is pretty  slow. Though, Sand Coffin is still faster than Naras shadow bind shit. Also, if you increase the HP of Sand users, it increases the defense ability of their sand armor. Sand armor is based on the users HP.

What you said about Medics is what the real problem with Senjus are.

EDIT: 

I agree with the Tai Spec nerf...Forgot to mention. I believe their Skill Tree bonuses are a bit much. They have defense pen on top of dmg % bonus on top of ap bonus on top of stealing damage from their opponent.
Back to top Go down
lRoderick

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:49 am

Had to make a edit to Tai spec. A rather urgent one.
Back to top Go down
Muaga

Muaga

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Yuki
Problem: Relies too much on Ice Prison to the point where it can be considered a necessity in order to get an average kill. It poses as a one of the clan's major problems, a yuki only needs to land Ice prison and everything comes easy after but if ice prison can't be landed then the yuki is most likely going to lose.

Fix: Change mark of frost to have a high magnitude slow instead of freeze when activated, increase damage from Ice Mirrors by alot and a slightly reduced c/d, 1k needles needs to be changed so that yukis don't run till ice prison is off c/d. Maybe something like how it's done in the Naruto video games for consoles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_16-9ZuovKw 0:56 for the jutsu) The mechanics for the jutsu can be done similar to how dragon fire is done, where ice shards are sent towards the enemy and upon contact they receive high damage from the 1k needles. In turn allowing yukis not rely too much on ice prison.( Since 1k will be made easier to land the damage should be reduced to 60% of what it currently is). Also, slightly reduce the range of ice prison if these changes are made.

This is the best i could come up with. Will be hard to 'fix' yuki with out completely changing it. Even my suggestion for a fix seems ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
EthemP

EthemP

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:44 am

Rod, lowering cooldowns for snake won't make a difference, snake chakra regen is absolutely shit. Even if u have 25 int you'll run out of chakra in a 40 secs battle..
And about your revamp, Chakra absorption does not only absorb chakra but also givea the caster + damage/defense, depending how much you absorb. It lasts for like 7 secs

Here are my ideas:
Chakra absorb should cancel the targets chakra regen so it actually makes sense

Snakes need a max chakra + chakra regen buff

Chakra absorb should actually give chakra to the caster, depending how long/much you absorb

I agree with edo, less damage but more tankier and longer last time (currently its 15 secs with skill tree upgrades) (it would be reallyyyy cool if you could have more than 1 edo! would be OP though)

Change (throwing) snake poison to str instead of nin, noone goes a nin snake

Would be cool if you turn into a giant snake (like in sasuke vs orochimaru) after you hit immortality, giving you melee/speed buff + melee hits is very poisonous, disadvantage is you can't use jutsus.

Snake glare bind lasts for 1,5 seconds, could use a buff >3 seconds

Buff Sky Blades damage (weak as fuck)
Back to top Go down
Musab

Musab

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Give snakes rinnegan + jinchuuriki powers while youre at it.
Back to top Go down
Chidori
Admin
Chidori

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Musab wrote:
Give snakes rinnegan + jinchuuriki powers while youre at it.

Add Sage Dragon Mode to it, and they'll be perfectly balanced.
Back to top Go down
Chidori
Admin
Chidori

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Alright so, I've been wanting to reply to this post seriously, but I never got to it. Rod, I will be sharing my opinions about each and every Clan you've posted, and give my critique to it as well. I will go in more depth of the clans that I believe to have a higher priority in balancing.

Uchiha:
Sand:
Hyuuga:
Medic:
Kaguya:
Yuki:
Snake:
Clay:
Wind:
Tai Spec:
Copy:
Senju:
Iron:

Extra content: 
Nara:
Back to top Go down
Musab

Musab

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 pm

As you already know I don't really like any of the clans Dante added.

Here's a gif I recorded of what a senju can do to me: http://gyazo.com/351597d12522cd2725ac0b6faa3438b1
Note that the senju does have all 3 villages that gives him a boost, but still, this fucking move gets me to 1/4 hp. without the buffs it's still below 1/2 hp.

You can't say that ice prison is easier than roots because of handseal time for roots, because ice prison has handsealtime too. thing is, once youve executed the handseals, roots is instant, where as an opponent can easily run outside of ice prison's range when the move nonstop, like most ppl do.
And even then, the follow up on ice prison can be hindered by things such as slows, critical state, clones, objects.
Roots doesnt have that, just gotta land roots to do this much damage.

there are other things wrong with the clan too, but this bothers me the most I guess.
Back to top Go down
EthemP

EthemP

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Musab wrote:

Here's a gif I recorded of what a senju can do to me: http://gyazo.com/351597d12522cd2725ac0b6faa3438b1
Note that the senju does have all 3 villages that gives him a boost, but still, this fucking move gets me to 1/4 hp. without the buffs it's still below 1/2 hp.

You can't say that ice prison is easier than roots because of handseal time for roots, because ice prison has handsealtime too. thing is, once youve executed the handseals, roots is instant, where as an opponent can easily run outside of ice prison's range when the move nonstop, like most ppl do.
And even then, the follow up on ice prison can be hindered by things such as slows, critical state, clones, objects.

there are other things wrong with the clan too, but this bothers me the most I guess.
I had all war villages + sage mode, so in total I have 20-25% boost. You have probably around like 1.4k hp, yuki's are supposed to be squishy and take that damage. I assume you took about 900 hp, which by me seems fine with all these buffs.
Back to top Go down
Musab

Musab

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

You shouldnt be asuming too much. Even without villages just this one move, burial, gets me below 50%. a fucking instant bind.
Back to top Go down
Dimetri

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:01 am

Would be nice if most of these were implemented.
Back to top Go down
Cream

Cream

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:03 am

Chidori wrote:
General Opinion: Copies can use a lot of deadly combinations one after the other. As the clan is fine itself, Assassination is the biggest difference maker. I don't mind seeing Copies use Assassination. It's an awesome move in my opinion. But the jutsus that can be combined with it, is ridiculously easy and deadly. My suggestion though: Why not decrease Jutsu Damage for 6 seconds after Assassination is used? Also increase the cooldown by 5 seconds.

Seems legit.
Back to top Go down
Dante
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:04 am

Musab wrote:

I'm not trying to sound rude here in any way, but you can go play NLG if you don't like the clans I've added. They have a raw 2.0 source, before I changed anything. Seems like a no brainer to me. If you don't like the direction I'm taking the game, no one's forcing you to play it. I will add though if you think I'm doing anything different from Berlin, you aren't remembering well. Remember Snake? The clan that has a 2x2 AOE that was a 100% gaurunteed kill? How about Yuki? Yuki can one burst anyone. How about Iron? The clan that had literally the entire screen in spikes, then an undodgable silence and almost an OHKO big iron block of doom? I didn't add any of those, yet I don't hear you complaining about them. I mean absolutely no disrespect, but I'd rather you spend your time doing something you enjoy. You clearly don't like where I've taken the game, so it seems best to go do something else

Edit: I do intend to do the majority of the things Rod has listed. Not all, but most of them.
Back to top Go down
Musab

Musab

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:01 pm

No lie, NLG was great the first time I played it.
I'll still log in there from time to time, but Ganite does pay2win so some ppl have multiple clan jutsus and whatnot.
They also q.q'd about Yuki so he increased the cd on 4 jutsus, and on top of that he nerfed it's dmg.
No disrespect taken.
Back to top Go down
Dante
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Pay2win, that's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Cream

Cream

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Dante wrote:
Pay2win, that's a shame.

I give you $1000 for my max hp to forever be 10k... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kazaki

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 8:40 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread   Rod's Revamp /  Balance Suggestion thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rod's Revamp / Balance Suggestion thread
Page 1 of 1