Naruto: Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto: Next Generation

Unleash Your Inner Ninja ! ©2013 Naruto: Next Generation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Lvl/Stat Cap

Go down 
+3
lRoderick
Zanos
Shadow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 am

I know that you trying to give capped ppl something to do but this is bs. I can get around 100k exp in maybe like 2 hours if leafs got average inf. Thats like 1 nin more per 2 hours.
The reason I liked this version more than the 1.96 is the rb cap. In 1.96 if you didnt rb on and on you were pretty much fucked against ppl with more rebirthes. With no lvl/stat cap its gonna be the same. If you dont grind missions youre gonna lose.
Back to top Go down
Zanos

Zanos

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 am

Exp rates will probably be adjusted to make it harder to level past 120
Back to top Go down
Shadow

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:07 am

Its 125k exp for nin. If it doesnt still increase after I lvl it up...
Back to top Go down
lRoderick

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 am

If removing level caps and stat caps was the attempt to give 120s something to do thats not only unbalanced but also lazy. Thats why i had systems like giving up x amount of exp to give to your village. I also hada influence transfer going so still when you got to 120 you had something to do.

But this?Just insanity.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:56 am

Actually..

Pre first rebirth gain 50% exp rate
second rebirth 25% slower exp than current
third rebirth 60% slower exp than current
No level cap after third rebirth. Exp required for level increased by 20x after level 120. Stat caps removed after level 120.

I may annoy you,or w/e but
is the reason for all of this donations?
Back to top Go down
Maurice

Maurice

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:43 am

This makes me feel some type of way:

I enjoy the fact that we're getting updates, but to abolish the level cap seems a bit ludicrous.

This not only un-balances the game a tad-bit but can put off new players that feel they'd have a chance at catching up to some of the other players. While I'm speaking someone could possibly be at level 130 if not higher, meaning an extra 10 points in one stat.

It also means people don't have to put as much thought into their in-game builds when it comes to not only the skill tree but stats after level 120.

████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████  

With that being said:

So, in this instance I'd have to agree with how Rod gave level 120's something to do, if this is the result of such thinking. It not only helped the villages but had the 120's push to mission just to give experience to their alts which resulted in GA's that trickled down to helping noobies/beginners/etc.

████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████ ████ ███ ██ █ ██ ███ ████  

Here's a Solution:
       If you wanted a real solution that garners to the interest of the 120's, you could begin working on Kage and Anbu perks. There's also the Akatsuki that you could implement. That would definitely hold people over for the time being until you were able to work on other matters pertaining to the game.

Maybe even an automated Tournament system that starts when so and so amount of level 100+s are on every so and so minutes or hours; tournament containing prizes/titles(NNG Champion cough cough)/ or just for the sport of it. And there's so many more possibilities. I'm sure five of us could come up with five ideas, easy. You just have to put the work in, which we understand I one of the problems with the schedule and funds you have.
Back to top Go down
Arch Killz

Arch Killz

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:39 pm

I agree ^
Back to top Go down

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:34 pm

why dont you fools actually test before talking shit? see how long it will take you to gain a nin after 5 extra nin levels. a guy who no lifes an extra 200 hours should deal a bit more damage than a fresh level 120, or have a bit more health. shadow you do fucking annoy me. this is to remove stagnancy after level 120. as for the skill trees, you do realize that exp needed first increase by 100k at level 120 so the main stats may take 150k. then for every level it increase another 25k for the stat you leveled and 15k for the rest? so if you want 3 more stat points then you'll be pushing 130 it will take you 300k exp to gain another level AT LEAST. if you're gonna play for the late late game after months of playing because im not planning on wiping anymore, then yes, you should be rewarded for your dedication to max out your skill tree.

half assed theory vs reality. this is how it is.
Back to top Go down
Maurice

Maurice

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Hm, no matter how I dislike the delivery, Berlin states a good point.

With a bit more insight on how things will work, seeing as I can't test since I'm at work, I enjoy the fact that this rewarding people who stick to NNG.

But this doesn't exactly settle stagnancy, and as I said earlier, Rods idea better helps people in a village rather than ones self.

But I'll make another post for that.
Lvl/stat cap issue is settled for me.
Back to top Go down
lRoderick

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Berlin I see what you're getting at, but lets adhere to what the game has -become-

The game use to be grind for days on in then it of course would pay off in the end and you'd destroy everyone simply because you played for so long.

See if League of legends was this way, wouldnt you think there would be some backlash?

The game has been crafted to with 2.0 a more skill based gameplay inwhcih when youy get at 120 you can test your skill mechanics against another person, thats what made it fun to say 'hey I can beat this guy beca7us eI'm more skilled'.

Now the game will stray into that BYOND Dragonball z gameplay because it's who's on the longest and has the higher stats, leaving room for skill, but moreso making skill not needed anymore.

I mean I played this moreso for the skill match ups, not to no life -alot- then say I'm better, theres no fun in that.

And to relate this to League of legends well...

There a reason why everyone caps at 18.
Back to top Go down

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:41 pm

i forsee ppl hitting like lvl 140 in a year. if 100s can fight 120s why cant 120s fight 140s? it's just a slight advantage. im giving them longer hospital time too.
Back to top Go down
lRoderick

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm

I guess it depends on the no lifing. I mean I legitally hit 600k exp in 3 days(30+ hours) as hokage a few whipes ago. Techincally thats 1.2mil

I just feel being that most 120s stay 120 to fight other 120s, there should be a vote for such a update. In that a vote to should the game have this abolished level cap. I mean in the end, isnt it what the players want?+

If the real attempt was to give 120s some -feeling- of acomplishment, just add some small pvp shit like as muarice said, and what I did on my time of hosting: Akatsuki, exp transfer to villages. Just small stuff that 120s can do that is much easier because they're 120.

In terms of using numbers,

At 120 as a uchiha at the time, I got 5-7k exp off A ranks

400exp+ for banners with only like 2 guards

I mean, its not that hard to get alot of exp.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:55 pm

^
Back to top Go down

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:06 pm

progression is important. in wow progression is grinding the next tier gear, league progression is gaining rank, in assassins creed progression is more powerful gear and ships until you beat the game. no progression = slug fest and hospital camping and shit like that because you get bored. lack of progression caused the deaths of many games before and after.
Back to top Go down

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:08 pm

you need to understand that with a maximum exp rate that keeps getting higher and higher with the amount of exp you get staying the same, the amount of returns you get from your time spent diminishes. this allows people to catch up but you will still be stronger. you're talking as if the ppl that no lifes will be 3x stronger or something.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Pretty much. Not 3x but like 1.5. Its also removing builds completly. For example I have a build made for not using demonic blood but still doing high damage and Krypto had a build made for use of demonic. Since hes had 1mil exp stacked hes now got my build combined with his.
And there are clans based on str/tai and nin. There are also clans that need to neglet a certain stat to get another.

Pretty sure ppl are ready to grind long enough or simply pay for the exp.
Back to top Go down
Krypto406

Krypto406

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Everyone who wants this update removed has yet to really test it out.
I had the 1 mill exp while on the free exp/higher training rate of rod's server.
Now that the training rate is at 100%, I have yet to even level another skill up. If you can grind out 200k exp to level a stat up, the go for it. Cause EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY STATS, THATS THE MIN (this is including my 1 tai and 1 str).
With my 35 nin now, it takes 300k. And these numbers you posted about grinding exp is well off. Sasuke mission gave about 3.3k total (including killing sasuke exp), sabo gave me 1.3k exp.
TLDR: You have to grind a fuck ton to level, don't complain cause it takes a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Exp for nin is 125k right now. Does it increase by 50k everytime I lvl it? So if Im not wrong from 35 nin to 40 nin it should take me around 1 mil exp?
Back to top Go down
Krypto406

Krypto406

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

No, it would take probably 1.7-2 mill exp. And I have no idea how much the exp increases for a single stat.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:31 pm

You said nin at 35 is around 300k for you, that would mean 300k at 40 for me. So I think its around 1 mil.
Back to top Go down
Krypto406

Krypto406

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 pm

Sure 1 mill cause you got iron passive, but if you want 45 nin, which is the equivalent to me getting 40 nin, it would take 1.7-2 mill.
Back to top Go down
Vegito05

Vegito05

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:34 am

I dont like the stat cap removed either, but berlin is right in this point. No progress = dead game. And this seems to me like some kind of lack-filler. So just wait what the future eill bring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Lvl/Stat Cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Lvl/Stat Cap   No Lvl/Stat Cap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Lvl/Stat Cap
Page 1 of 1