Naruto: Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto: Next Generation

Unleash Your Inner Ninja ! ©2013 Naruto: Next Generation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hyam bans for " spam "

Go down 
+4
oct tuba chu
Vegito05
LustGirl
Better than Dante - Luigi
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Hyam bans for " spam " Empty
PostSubject: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 4:05 pm

So there was a kage challenge going on which led to a little discussion due to the rulings around grace. To my understand ShirouX promised Purple that he would be able to have the kage challenge versus the current hokage when he would log back in. What usually happens when multiple competitors are there to challenge a kage they have to fight between themselves prior to being able to do the kage challenge. This was not the case and arose questions in my head in terms of fairness and if the grace rule would be broken or not. I don't know what happened prior to the challege as I logged in right when the first round was about to start ( which you can see in the screenshots later on ). So I was having a discussion, chat, or whatever you want to call it in terms to find out what would happen. I'm for fair treatment and I saw that way wasn't taken immidiatly so I questioned it. So Hyam eventually says: " Stop talking like this. ". "this" In this situation isn't very specific. If I were to use common logic on the situation I would think he wants me to stop questioning him. Instead of my common sense he called it "spam" which he later said I don't know what it means. Let me grab all the translations from dictionaries for this one and see if any are in the same definition as Hyam was using. Let's see if he Mute/ banned me for the right reasons or not.

A trademark for a canned meat product consisting primarily of chopped pork pressed into a loaf.
spam  (spăm)
n.
1. Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.
2. A single piece of such e-mail: "receiving dozens of spams a day" (George Johnson).
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Spam

Ofcourse this one isn't even related as I haven't been sending mails or anything meat related. For this we most likely need to use the Urban dictionary. ( which is not even an actual definition, so using this ruling would be kind of stupid but understandable )

Let's take a look at the top 5 ( you can read the rest whenever you want ).
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SPAM

1:
SPAM
spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
That is what spam is. Would be better without it.

I didn't send the same message over and over again, so with this definition no.

spam
Unsolicted emails, most of which offer ***** extensions under wordings to avoid filters, such as "exp and y00r man - rod" or "giv e her good lu ving with huu uuge man - st i ck"
According to all my spam emails, each extending my ***** up to 4" , I could potentially have a penis approximately 4 miles long. ( I tried to filter out some words, not sure how well I did )

No emails were send so no.

spam
The AIDS equivalent for the internet. No known cures.
Spam is pretty useless.

This is most likely meant to describe to annoyance that comes from number 1. This definition is pretty much useless.

spam stands for
Stupid
Pointless
Annoying
"I spamed the perverts the other day, and now they're really pissed off!"

Now this one could be somewhat related. This one is based of emotions and personal perspective other than an actual ruling. If you find them stupid, pointless and annoying that's completely up to you. I could be spamming if we use this definition but would it really be fair to mute/ bann people for not knowing what an individual who grew up in a culture different from anybody else unlike maybe his closely related? I think not. So I will call this one a no as well.

spam
1. Canned meat. Extremely cheap (considering)
2. Unsolicited mail/e-mail sent out in mass quantities. Usually not even addressed by name to the person who receives it.
3. In gaming, refers to a player who throws grenades indiscriminately, many at a time. Generally an issue in Team Fortress. Although lately has been expanded to include any overused gun/combo/move/tactic/etc.
"Grilled Spam is great."
"I get over thrity spam mails a week in my hotmail account."
"Way to spam the room buddy. You throw enough nades that time?"

This is repetitive to earlier mentioned definitions so no.

So looking at all the definitions I was banned for what? Not for spam atleast even though that was mentioned. Since this was the reason given and I'm not an offender of this reason I've been banned in an abusive way. I don't know why, most likely due to him not liking me or wanting to avoid conflict between himself ( which I think you should be open to if you're GM ) and me. I agree though my use of words isn't always the best. Things like calling him " retarded " isn't the best choice at times but seeing how he talks the same way to me I don't see any reason why he deserves more respect than that from me. We're all equals in my eyes. If you talk back to you with the same respect you give me.

This is a long story so props if you read it all, I really appreciate it.

Note: I don't intend to call Hyam a bad GM whatsoever even though I've seen him abusive loads of times. I don't have screenshots of it since I don't tend to care too much unless he uses his verbs against me which has happened a few times in the past ( which all have been undone in my favor, since back then all the times it was claimed to be a " misunderstanding " when he actually abused with full understanding of the situation. )

I'm going to end it right here. I'll make a second post with all the screenshots from me logging in to getting banned to keep it a bit organized.

With kind regards, Jv5S

IGN: Jv5S
Key: Wooden Sun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Screenshots:

Note: I also lost alot of reputation when I wanted to try and go for golden text. I'm on -55 reputation now due to what I claim to be " abuse ". Hope if this gets solved I will get my reputation restored as well.
Back to top Go down
LustGirl

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 2:38 am

You are pretty annoying glad your banned. Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 3:19 am

I'm already unbanned but seems I already have a hater, might you be Meliodas?
Back to top Go down
Vegito05

Vegito05

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:18 am

Just to clear something up, the first one to challenge a kage gets the challenge. Only if the kage resigns there is a tourny.
Edit: Just went through the screenshots. The mute was legit, the ban probably not. (By spam he meant that you would write word for word instead of a whole sentence.)
Back to top Go down
oct tuba chu

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:46 am

Actually you broke several rules just responding and denying him. You never question an Admin for one thing. Also you never spam Help button. When muted you accept punishment not bother them in the Help button. You did spam in the sense that you talked with constant sentences. Spamming is flooding of chat. Whenever you talk with breaks constant like. "Hi man. My name is Orzo Chov. Nice weather today. Do you like it? Lets fight. Bring it on. You suck bro. Quit complaining." You spammed the chat, I remember seeing it. You deserved the mute. By continuing to do the same thing and flooding the help that way you got booted. That was a warning to stop. Then you continued once more and then he banned you. I see it as reasonable ban. Not a permanent ban but maybe a 1 day ban. Also his Rep should remain same because that is a punishment for disobeying staff. You broke rules, plain and simple. Learn to talk with full sentences and not breaking them up into small bits and pieces. Also whenever muted don't question the admin or spam the admin with Help button. Accept punishment and just wait. It was only 200 seconds it wasn't a lifetime. You definitely deserve the ban for at least a day and you deserve the -50 reputation. Hyam was in the right when doing what he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Ahahaha, I don't even know where to begin with this one. I'll reply to this kiddo when I'll come back. I'll completely break down what you said snice nothing you're saying makes actual sense. Hope you'll like it Wink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 5:15 pm

I got told not to go against that comment. I will leave you with your stupidity. I'll give you one tip though. Read the rules.
https://narutonextgen.forumotion.com/t1820-game-rules-as-of-10-13-2014
Back to top Go down
oct tuba chu

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Read the rules? Maybe you should first because it clearly states what I mentioned:

1. Be respectful to Staff Members. This includes the decisions that they make; arguing and fighting with the moderator in chat isn't going to help anything.

6. Do Not Spam. Again, this should be pretty obvious.

[Hidden Rule] It is not on forums as a rule because it is said in game. You do not abuse the Help button.

I know the rules and have read the quite thoroughly. I even know the up to date rules because those rules are 5 going on 6 months old. You should pay more attention to the rules because clearly you don't know them because you trying to get me to read what I just stated to you. All in all, you were more than likely told not to go against the comment because I was right. There is no stupidity left here because I'm not stupid, I'm knowledgable of the game. You gave me a tip, thanks but I already knew this so you take the tip yourself. You go ahead and read the rules because I have read thoroughly and know them back and forth.

PS: I know this game because I started playing back in 2013, joined forums back in early 2014. I have been muted, jailed, and banned several times. I know what the rules are because I have broken them in the past. I have been IP Banned before as well. I know what it takes to play safe and not get in trouble. I know how to play unsafe and get in trouble. I have decided to come back after a while of not playing, just joined again 3 days ago. I haven't gotten in trouble yet and plan not to. If you have been playing a while then here are my most common used names you might know [Billy Bob and Kaguya Kaguya]. Don't think I'm ignorant because I defeintely ain't. I'm a 20 year old Southerner and I'm not a kiddo like you said before. The way I talk is due to my Southern way of talking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Nah, I was told to drop the subject since I've been unbanned. Not because you were right. I could counterfact everything you said which I've done already for a bit in my first post. Rule 6 has already been dealth with and explained why I didn't break it. I could prove and explain rule 1 but like I said, I need to drop it. If you don't drop it, then that's your loss. I will still think of you as retarded after this just from reading your response. This won't change the way I will treat you in game though so you don't have to worry about that.

Still love you though <3.

I'm dropping it.
Back to top Go down
Guy

Guy

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Omg this made my day, oct tuba chu telling someone they've broken the rules. 10/10, would read again.
Back to top Go down
oct tuba chu

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:41 pm

LoL, Hungryman Hunger I love you

Better than Dante - Luigi,

Your right about rule 6. In definition wise spam isn't what you did. Definition wise this is what you did.

incomplete sentence (plural incomplete sentences)
1.(grammar) A group of words which appears to convey only part of a complete thought, lacking some component which is grammatically necessary to complete the thought.

[You never did a complete sentence but instead you kept ending with short unfinished sentences that formed a whole one.]

Now that is considered in the gaming world as spam though. Now this community can portray it as not spam or as spam. Till added in the rules I guess it isn't spam but to Hyam it was. If they decide to add it its up to them.

As far as rule 1 goes. There really is no arguing it. I know you will probably say, if punished for wrong reason I have right to explain myself and get my slate cleaned. Personally, I would do same but I have learned.. disobeying rule 1 by stating your own facts or opinions is just gonna get you in more trouble with the one you in trouble with. I learned to just zip my lip and play on. If another admin is online though you could more than likely get away with talking to them about it but if its just the one who punished you, don't argue and just make an appeal on forums.

By the way I'm not stupid. I just needed to rethink my wording and thought process when responding. Kind of dealing with IRL stuff at same time as just responding to stuff like this on forums. Its nothing against you, I just know I'm not stupid and I know the rules. Miswrote my entire thing and should have said what I just said now.

I'm dropping it as well, unless someone responds then I might say something but not in an offensive way.. unless need be Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 7:53 pm

oct tuba wrote:
. I know you will probably say, if punished for wrong reason I have right to explain myself and get my slate cleaned.

not on my mind. Please try again.
Back to top Go down
ShadowV4

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Wow, wth did you guys do to Hyamoto?
Back to top Go down
Vegito05

Vegito05

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:54 am

Shadow i think its a rebellion against him. They trying to get him stripped lol. When the first report arrived, many other followed...
Back to top Go down
ShadowV4

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Its not even that. If theres no insult towards you/your intelligence in every second sentence then somethings wrong. I mean, he said "And you're harassing me, I'll ask you nice then to stop" in one of the ss in the other abuse thread.
Back to top Go down
Chidori
Admin
Chidori

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 5:03 pm

I know from experience that there will always be people to ''darken'' the position of a newcoming Moderator/GM. Some of them can be blatant complaints coming from personal matters. For instance, I remembered when players where ganging up on me to get me off my position. And fortunately, I had players and other game masters covering my back on that matter.

But of course, there are also times when a complaint is truly given to the player. Though i'll say in advance: Even if you write the most formal essay with fancy words to support your statements, a story will always have two sides. So whether this abuse thread is truly 100% legitimate or not is questionable. I know that you're not the type of guy to make things personal with an admin, only to get yourself in trouble on purpose. But I also know that you're the type of guy that puts himself in harms way of getting punished because of your attitude. Regardless I'll keep this thread in mind for later. 

P.s: I had to lol at your copy paste of the definition ''spam''. 

Oh and Bobby, welcome back to NNG. Sucks that you picked the wrong time to come back though. I'll see you in game when it comes back up. =)
Back to top Go down
Vegito05

Vegito05

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 5:55 pm

To be honest, when someone writes a text as long as the matthew evangelion itself, it makes me think that he has to use quantity to make his statement sound real. Post your complaint with the reason why you think it was abuse and some proof of it, instead of putting 192 times spam (yes, i counted) in a row. Also, the shorter your statement is, the more likely it is to be read by dante if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Dante
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 8:16 am

Kind of a dick thing to say tbh ^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:55 am

^ Completely agreed.

I honestly thought I ended the accusation since the ban was lifted. If you are willing to discuss this matter furthermore with me then I've got no problem doing so. I just don't like to talk bad about a person but sometimes you have to. Furthermore the long text was to further enhance the stupidity of what people call "spam" nowadays. The main point I wanted to deliver is that you should not base rules of personal word use or your own word definition of something so that people can actually follow the rules as they are stated and the common society would understand them. A dictionary is made to support a common definition of a word and not one that is made up by a person or small community. If you want the definitions to be like how he'd stated them then I recommend putting that in the rules itself AKA rules definition.

I could endlessly bramble about how I disagree with his actions and how I would have done it if I were the one enforcing the rules but seeing how you guys don't reply in discussion based matter but in a I-force-my-oppinion-on-you reply I feel like discussing this topic would be useless.

I either recommend to stop replying here or talk in something that would look like a proper debate because yes, we are trying to convince a 3rd party here.

With kind regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyam bans for " spam "   Hyam bans for " spam " I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyam bans for " spam "
Page 1 of 1