Naruto: Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto: Next Generation

Unleash Your Inner Ninja ! ©2013 Naruto: Next Generation

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay is underpowered

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikey175

Clay is underpowered Empty
PostSubject: Clay is underpowered   Clay is underpowered I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 10:20 am

Play on words really, as Clay isnt underpowered in the slightest. And below I want to display why it has such a blatent advantage in combat, and more specifically over Hyuuga.

What makes Clay overpowered :
Invisiblity
Low time window to hit
Area of Effect
Damage
Unfair advantage of Suprise attacks.

Evaluation:  Invisibility

Invisiblity in general is an element in this game is stronger than most people know. It allows you to suprise attack, lets your CD timers run out, hide from enemy in turn lowering the time window to hit you. Now when you put that on a AOE based clan, you create a godlike one.

How Does Clay effectively use Invisibility?

The key to whatever clay wants to do to you, is based off of its CDs. Now people argue that the CDs have been nerfed and have been raised. That may be true, but I assure you, you will not notice that. As most of the time you are dealing with an enemy that is practically untouchable.

Clay Clone- Everybody knows what Clay Clone is. And after using it you have 3 seconds of invisiblity. On a 27-28  second Cooldown, which is really  24-28 CD becasue the CD goes off as soon as you use it.

C2 dragon - Everybody knows what the C2 dragon is. After using it, your character is then invisibile for the next 4 seconds which is on a 28-30 CD, which is really 24-26 because the CD goes off while you use it.

Clone jutsu - Everyone has clone jutsu, and Clay utilizies it to waste timers while being invisible, inwhich you are invisible for 2 seconds on a 38-40 CD. Which is really 36-38 because it goes down while you use it

Master sub - Everyone knows what master sub is which is utilized to waste timers while being invisible ,you are invisible for 3 seconds on a 28-30 econds CD, which is really 25-27 because it goes down as you use it.

Clay's invisiblity conclusion : Now you havwe to factor this all in a 40 second time window of fighting someone(40 being your biggest CD and when the invisible combo ends). This means that in a 40 second Time window Clay can be invisible for 12 seconds of those 40 seconds. So that means? If you do the Combo of invisibility in the right order, thats 12 seconds of free roaming and for other offensive CD jutsus to come off of CD and be used again. During this invisbility time frame the clay is practically untouchable and out of harms way. Clearly a Clay doesnt have to use this all in order. A smarter clay will run a bit inbetween this out of harms way in circles or away from the opponent. Tie effective running to this(Moreso blatent running opposite direction of opponent, which is extremely powerful in a 4 tiled running game) and invisiblity chaining? and you have a clan that 25% of the time, and maybe 50 %(with running) of the time will not be hit.

Evaluation / conclusion : Low Time window to hit Doesnt need much explaining as the Invisibility conclusion really highlights this. It going without saying ina  4 tiled game, and how this game's jutsus function, Time windows to hit someone is extremely powerful. And Invisiblity makes clay one of the most powerful clans in this.

Evaluation: Area of Effect:: Now what really puts clay as its 'unique' trait as a clan, is how blatenly powerful the clan is in single combat or a located amount of space. A clay can actually make an arena, which is one of Clay's most powerful abiltiies is making you fight them instead of the other way around. Mix that with the damage you can achieve and you have a wrecking machine with such little effort that theres no wonder the Clay meta is 20 speed.

How Does Clay effectivly use Area of Effect?

Mines- The Biggest problem of Clay, is the damn mines.  Not only do they do damage, but upon touching one you are stunned 2 seconds. You can say 1 second, but you walk on the Bomb, and it knocks you back, thats 1 second. Then theres the fact you are stunned as the effect, so really thats 2 seconds, which is just 2 seconds you gave to the clay user for their CDs and invisiblity looping to go down each time you touch a mine.

Clay Clone - Remember how i said create your own Arena? This Jutsu helps that Clay clone on its own creates 8 mines. These mines also then last 10 seconds of the 30 seconds Clay clone is on CD. So really, the clay is protected in these angels for a third of the time. Inwhihc in another 20 seconds, they can do it all over again:
Clay is underpowered 4v09wg

Clay mines- A jutsu on it's own inwhich you have the ability to set down 6 mines every 2 seconds. Taking Clay to an even more insane level. You are allowed to put down 6 mines at once. So lets see what that could look like after putting them correctly in order. Now obviously you won't see a Clay do this often , but nonetheless this is the use of 14 mines so think of a 14 tile set up. In the picture below not exact replica, but imagine  them a tile width apart. For every clay down is pretty much a barrier of a direction you cannot approach from.
Clay is underpowered Os8wol

c1 spider- This is a jutsu that is on a 25 second CD, which is really 21 seconds because it goes down as you use the jutsu. It effectively tells you to run in the opposite direction of it, as it will not go off until making contact. It is a very effective zoning skill that also creates an 8 by 8 exsplosion, crafting it into another zoning ability, as you obviously wont run into the Fire. Now on a screen of you fighting someone, most fights stay in a general area. Or if you want to fight that clay, you will be coming to them anyhow. Think of this, you have to wait 4 seconds running from the spider, or attempting to get to the clay while its on you, which is nearly a bad idea / impossible . After that, the spider exsplodes creating a big 8 by 8. While that is happening The clay are are fighting is inside of right now 16 mines. That now insane enough for you? It gets worse.

C2 dragon- everyone knows what c2 dragon is. Now imagine the Arena a clay have made for themselves already. While running away from the spider, you may/ now are dealing with the C2 dragon which not only puts down 3 more mines that exsplode and create 8 by 8 Exsplosions but it also creats a time winder / CD winder / Zoning jutsu as obviously you have to run away from the C2 dragon. And with all the mines on the floor, you are limited to where you can run unless you run off of screen or you are fucked in the Arena. And guess what because you ran away? You gave that Clay more time to let their CD timer go off , more time to set exsploded already mines. Oh no, it doesnt stop there, it gets even worse.

C1 bird. After some testing,t his jutsu blew my mind. This is a cone attack jutsu that can you from 8 tiles away and 6 tiles down or up from those 8 tiles, while being on a 16 second Cooldown. Really the CD is 14 seconds because once you are hit, you are knocked back and if you want to return in the direction of the clay, thats another second. So so far, we have the Clay with an Arena around them, spider is out or exsploded. They just used C2 dragon if it didnt hit you it atleast made you run. If you choose to face the clay, you now have to deal with the fact they can knock you away for up to 2 seconds with an EXTREMELY large hitbox. All the while this is going on you are looking at the arena the clay has made, and a good clay or decent one will keep the mines down and your approach was nulled because you were knocked away most likely. Oh and inebwteen all this you only have 28 seconds to hit the clay before they can do the invisible Looping again. Dont hit them or get past all the aoes and mines? They can just reset the fight entirely and loop invisiblity, and more mines. And no, of course not this clan takes it even FURTHER.

C4 Kaura- Now lets say you somehow got close to the clay inbetween all this, lets just assume you did. Well Clay has one special jutsu called 'C4 Kaura'. This is a 40 second CD, really 38 seconds because it takes 2 seconds to do and the Cd goes down ability that can you hit you at a range of 12 by 12! With all the nonsense already going on in your screen. You have to prep yourself to not get hit by this monster of a Jutsu. You could choose to run, but with the zoning the clay has gave out, with the mines they have sat down and where they could have positioned you with either Mine spider or mine dragon they can accurately depict what direction you will / have to go without getting hit by a mine. And with a 6 by 6 ability? They will not have a hard time hitting you, it's like landing a 128. From reading all the above, you would assume its over. But no, sadly no. Clay continues to be a godly zoning clan.

C3 - This is the clay ability that pulls you near them. With all the INSANIty already on your screen, you now have to deal with this ability that can pull you from 6 tiles away on a 40 second CD, which is really 38 seconds because the Cd goes down as you use it. Imagine a Clay that is half HP(skill tree passive raises their damage) , they have alot of mines on the map already. And then they pull you in with this ability? so you are pulled into the Mines, and upon taking damage you are slowed. So really, this opens up a posible Free Kaura. You most likely have already used your Master sub so at this point you are screwed. And even if that clay drew you close they yes, have the ability to use C4 Kaura. But also you are pulled into the mines and you will have a set direction you have to go  or you will be stunned. And what if the mines are set a certain way you have to accurately go through them? Which will cause you to stop or walk to get out of the maze, setting up more free zoning. jutsu landed for the Clay.

Evaluation / conclusion  Area of Effect: Clay is plain out a GODtier of the clans in this game. From reading the above you can accurately depict just a 40 second fight with a Clay. And after that 40 seconds? You have to deal with it all over again just in a different order. And note above the clay is invisible 12 seconds of this 40 seconds, allowing you only 28 seconds to get inbetween all this nonsense and get to them and maybe do something. It goes without saying as to why most Clays go 20 speed, they have no reason to chase or go 30 speed. Heck, they could probably pull off 10.

Evaluation / Conclusion Damage : Well this speaks for itself. On my Hyuuga with rotation and master sub. Xonax kills me in under 30 second fights. Now how in god's name you other clans havent complained or survive is beyond me. Cause I have Rotation and 2400+ HP. Claay may have high CDs if you really wanna call them high, but with the damage they can dish out? This clan is in no way shape or form weak, I'd be bold enough to say they ar enot only mechanically outclassing alot of clans, but they are Killing alot of them off easily. Maybe not as easy as they kill me, a hyuuga who has to crawl toward you. But int he bitter end a Clay is going to do its mark without even barely having to move.

Clay Summary / Hyuuga outlook

Clay is Amazing. The clan is an all around Army in itself. Now all the numbers I said above could be drastically lower. As I Made a level 49 Clay, 20 speed 30 Nin, meaning no hs to lower these CDs lower than what you see now. And I'm willing to bet 120 Clays have alot of hs to make the numbers I said above even lower. Nonetheless As a Hyuuga this clan is nearly impossible to beat. If anything it is impossible. As a hyuuga I am able to really see a clan for what it is. Sure you other clans can run away and throw stuff back. But me? Going on the offensive is nearly impossible or not worth it. Now have I beaten clays before? Yea. Have I lost to Clays before? Hell yes. And as it stands right now a hyuuga would have to play on a COMPLETE different level of skill to compare to one and beat a clay. Good level of  of clay only seen in very Few people. So a Tounry is not what should depict the nerfing of Clay and a eye opened to Hyuuga's chance of beating this. Believe me when I say it. Clay's damage potential? Ridiculous.

Side note: Hyuuga has rotation, yes. But with the arsenal of Clay, you will easily blow the Rotation CD (Mine being 17 seconds). And for every second I'm in rotation? That clay's CDs are running down to be used again. So when I leave rotation? Back into a fray of madness to fight against. Thats something players dont understand but a League of legend player like Dante will understand. for every second you aren't doing something, the opponent can/ able to do something.

How would I change Clay?

Mines- no longer act like stuns when you go over them, just onhit damage when you walk over it.

Damage - In general everywhere this clan needs to lose damage. Aesthetically? The clan looks awesome, it really does. But it has such a insane mechanical advantage that it being 'cool' is too much for the NNG PVP scene. I don't usually talk on damage, but this clan after what Xsplode did to my 2675 HP Hyuuga with rotation? Yea, its a problem.

Invisiblity- Invisiblity needs to be removed from this clan on jutsus, they can have the standard invis jutsus, clone jutsu, master sub. But to be invisible with these jutsu and their own invisible jutsus? You craft a unkillable/ unhittable clan.

Hyuuga suggestion?

I don't want Empty palms CD lowered or the range longer, cause its an instant attack, at too long a range it is unavoidable. Instead? I want Vacc palms replacing empty palm. But hey, just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down

Clay is underpowered
Page 1 of 1